Arkansas Foodbank Volunteer Shift with ABC
Help fight hunger in Central Arkansas by joining ABC for a volunteer shift at the Arkansas Foodbank on March 4th! The Arkansas Foodbank’s mission is to find pathways to connect people, resources and food to reach those in need, providing dignity, hope and a brighter future for all Arkansans. We hope you will attend and help us give back to our community!
Registration is Required
Spots are limited, first come first served.
Friday, March 4, 2022
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
4301 West 65th Street
Little Rock, AR 72209
Our group will be working in the Foodbank’s Volunteer Center, where donated food products are sorted, inspected and repacked for distribution to a network of agency partners in the 33-county service area. Typical volunteer projects include preparing backpack kits for children in schools, making boxes filled with senior-friendly food and sorting, weighing, bagging, and boxing donated food items such as produce, breads, canned goods, packaged foods and drinks.
Important Volunteer Details:
- All volunteers must fill out the Consent & Release form.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your event so that you have enough time to get signed in. The event organizer will greet you and assist you with further instructions once you arrive at the event.
- Dress Code: Please make sure you wear comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes- NO SANDALS.
- Please review the Policies and Guidelines for volunteers prior to arrival.
- COVID-19 Precautions: Currently, the Arkansas Foodbank requires all volunteers to wear masks while in the building. If you are vaccinated you must still wear a mask. All volunteers who enter the building will be automatically screened for temperatures over 100.4.
- Volunteers should be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 30-40 pounds. Please notify the Volunteer Coordinator, Amber Bryant at [email protected], if arrangements need to be made to accommodate sitting needs.
Must RSVP to [email protected] by Friday, March 25th or until spots are full. Please call 501.812.0828 for questions.
This event is hosted in conjunction with our Central Young Professionals Group.
ABC Arkansas is taking enhanced health and safety measures to make this event as safe as possible for our attendees and staff. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Attendees should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. By attending this event you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We appreciate your cooperation during this unprecedented time. Visit the CDC website for the latest guidelines.